We are currently on the lookout for a brilliant, driven Director, Software Engineering with a deep understanding of enterprise-grade engineering to collaborate with, lead, mentor, and inspire engineering teams within an Agile delivery environment.
- Spearhead designing and developing enterprise solutions that conform to high standards of engineering rigor, performance, scalability, stability, and maintainability.
- Work closely with the tech-leadership team and other key stakeholders to translate the company vision to a clear roadmap for the teams with a focus on high-quality and customer-focused delivery.
- Coordinate engineering efforts across multiple teams and divisions – act as the orchestrator in engineering efforts and ensure quality deliverables in an efficient manner.
- Lead, coach, and guide a team of motivated software engineering managers for delivery and engineering excellence by imparting experience from your own experience and current best practices.
- Be responsible for driving great execution, increasing the effectiveness of delivery teams by implementing appropriate processes, setting expectations, managing risks, and resourcing.
- Be a process owner and a problem solver, drive the organization to engineering excellence and improve the excellence of the teams. Assess the current processes and suggest improvements.
- Actively contribute to hiring decisions and support the efforts to identify, attract and hire the best engineering talent.
- Ensure that the engineering culture is well maintained at the high results-focused level it’s at.
- Strong leadership and managerial background – experience managing multiple teams or divisions with a focus on engineering excellence.
- Experience in building and operating globally distributed high-performance engineering teams at scale.
- Pragmatic Experience in the various agile Delivery methodologies such as Scaled Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Feature-driven development or XP. CSM or any related qualification is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 12+ years of experience developing production enterprise applications and in managing teams.
- Excellent stakeholder management capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.